Monday, October 27, 2008

Regular-Type Normal Blog Post #1

I couldn't wait to post something other than my life story, so here we go...

I am a huge fan of musician and composer Frank Zappa.



Of all Frank's work some of my favorite is the Mother's of Invention stuff that features George Duke on Keys.



George has played with so many legendary players including:Jean-Luc Ponty, Stanley Clarke, Billy Cobham, Cannonball Adderley to name a few. Oh yea... and he composed and performed with a guy named Miles Davis.

Some of my favorite George Duke stuff is with the George Duke/Billy Cobham Band which featured Billy Cobham on drums, John Scofield on guitar and Alphonso Johnson on Bass.



Here's a taste... to get a sense of his style, check out George Duke's solo around 4:15.



And since it's getting cold out here's some solo Dukey...
"Summer Breezin'"



The guy is such a master of the trade, it's easy to get lost in his music.

No comments: